Safety Tips From A Drunk Driver Accident Attorney In Baton Rouge
Last February, Bloomberg stated that traffic deaths in the United States exceeded 40,000 for the third straight year in 2018. That’s more than the entire student body at LSU. And with everyone celebrating the new year, drunk driving is at some of its highest rates. To do our part, we want to provide you with some helpful driving tips that can keep you and your family safe while on the roadways this year. Get the tips you need from the leading drunk driver accident attorney in Baton Rouge.
Tips to Keep You Safe Behind The Wheel
Even though the holidays are done, that doesn’t mean travel isn’t. We use our vehicles every day and need to stay safe every second of the way. Unfortunately, drunk drivers also can appear at any second of the day. Keep the following tips in mind to make sure you and your family leave and arrive safely from point A to point B.
- Do not drink and drive: Don’t add to the problem and stay out of trouble. Grab an Uber or ride with a designated driver instead. If unfortunate circumstances arise, know a drunk driving accident attorney in Baton Rouge is here to help you out.
- Ease into traffic: It is important to stop, look, and listen before you decide to pull into oncoming traffic. Be cognisant of your blind spots and make sure you are utilizing your review mirrors. Vehicles can often appear out of nowhere, so try and exercise some caution when pulling into a busy intersection.
- Look out for red light gunners: Counting to three before entering an intersection on a green light is a good practice to keep. This grace period is a great way to avoid collision with a driver attempting to run a red light.
- Scan 12 seconds ahead: Focus 10 to12 seconds ahead on the road you’re driving on. This helps you stay mindful of the vehicle ahead of you for sudden stops or swerves. An alternative to this method is counting by “Mississippis.”
- Don’t be a tailgater: And we don’t mean tailgating for sporting events. Following too close to the driver in front of you is a major cause of accidents. Check often that you’re leaving yourself a three-second cushion between you and the car ahead of you.
- Be a courteous driver: We live in a fast-paced world and all of us have places to go and people to see. But it’s important to understand that other people have it the same way. Treat others with respect on the road for everyone’s safety.
Unfortunately, even when we follow driving best practices, accidents still happen due to the actions of others. If you or a loved one is in any kind of vehicle accident, reach out to our experienced legal team at WFCW. We have your back in your time of need.
Contact WFCW Of Baton Rouge
WFCW would like you to have a happy and wonderful New Year and decade. In the unfortunate event of an accident call our staff at 225-383-4114. For any additional information, feel free to email us at email@example.com or send us a message online. No matter where the new decade brings you, get help when you need it from our drunk driver accident attorney team in Baton Rouge.