Accidents Happen at Work.
Employees injured at work or on the job could be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits from their employer or their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company. Workers’ compensation benefits generally cover medical expenses for treatment of the workplace injury (“medical benefits”) and a percentage of wages to cover time missed from work (“indemnity benefits”). Employers often fail to provide injured employees with all the workers compensation benefits the law requires and sometimes even attempt to block injured employees from receiving any workers compensation benefits. A Baton Rouge workers compensation law firm like WFCW can help.
Workers’ compensation claims involve special laws and separate courts than other types of personal injury claims.
Accordingly, it is extremely important that you choose a knowledgeable & experienced workers’ compensation attorney to assist you with your claim. Our workers’ compensation attorneys have extensive experience handling these very specific types of cases. In fact, two of our workers’ compensation lawyers have been recognized as “Rising Stars” in Workers’ Compensation by Super Lawyers!
In the event that you have suffered a work place injury, there are three steps that you should take as soon as possible:
- Report the accident/injury to your employer;
- Go to the doctor to determine the extent of the injury and begin treatment; and
- Contact an attorney that specializes in workers’ compensation cases.
Additionally, there are three things you should NEVER do if you are injured at work:
- Never give a recorded or written statement before speaking to your workers’ compensation attorney;
- Never sign any document provided by your employer or the insurance company before speaking to your workers’ compensation attorney; and
- Never quit your job after suffering an injury at work.
Even if you have an existing claim and you are currently receiving benefits, a workers’ compensation attorney can help protect your rights. We collect no fee unless we win or settle your workers compensation case, so
Call WFCW today for a free consultation with one of our workers’ compensation attorneys in Baton Rouge.
Need Help with Worker's Compensation?
Contact us today for a FREE and CONFIDENTIAL consultation. We receive no fee unless we WIN or SETTLE your case.