18 Reasons To Get An 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney in Baton Rouge
Getting into an accident with an 18-wheeler can be terrifying. To paraphrase the Notorious B.I.G., “More wheels, more problems.” Their size and weight can cause more damage and injury. And dealing with their companies can get complicated and frustrating.
Road Rage In Baton Rouge
In the U.S., there are approximately two million 18-wheelers on our roads and highways. Sometimes it seems like every single one of them is driving through Baton Rouge. On I-10 especially, it’s not uncommon to see them lined up one after another. They’re worsening the already-bad traffic we deal with every day. To make matters worse, these big-rig trucks are involved in about 500,000 accidents every year.
18 Reasons To Get An Accident Attorney
You should always call an attorney after an accident. But you especially need one if that accident involves an 18-wheeler. Here’s one reason for every wheel.
- Experience: This is probably your first time dealing with an 18-wheeler accident. Maybe it’s your first-ever accident. Trust someone who’s been there before.
- Expertise: Look for attorneys specializing in car accidents. They’ll know how to best deal with your unique situation.
- A Whole Team: You’re just one person. After an accident, you have enough to deal with. Let a full legal team shoulder the burden of dealing with the aftershock of an accident.
- Works For You: If you hire an attorney, they are working for YOU, not your insurance company.
- Reputation: A good attorney will have dozens—if not hundreds—of satisfied customers. They’ll also have local and national recognitions to give you confidence.
- Medical Bills: We hope you’re not badly injured! But even small medical bills can add up and you should not have to pay them.
- Additional Compensation: This accident has cost you more than doctor bills. You’ve lost time from work, you’ve had more expenses, and you deserve more compensation.
- Paperwork: The last thing you want is to lose your case on a technicality. Get an attorney who knows how to fill out your paperwork accurately and completely.
- Car Replacement: The damage an 18-wheeler causes could easily total your vehicle. Even at low speeds! Enlist an attorney to help get what you deserve.
- Car Damage: If your car isn’t totaled, you’re definitely going to need repairs. You’re not at fault, so why should you have to pay? Attorneys will help you get back on the road.
- Insurance Companies: Despite all their nice slogans, they’re not looking out for you. You need a team to make sure you’re not cheated.
- Trucking Companies: Like the insurance companies, they don’t want to pay you what you deserve. Hold them responsible by hiring an attorney.
- Truck Drivers: Truck drivers work long hours and keep crazy schedules. This makes for bad driving situations. If they’re at fault for your accident, their company should be held responsible.
- Not Settling: These big companies will try to make things easier for them by settling out of court. It might seem like a good deal, but a good attorney can get you more by taking them to court.
- They Only Get Paid When You Do: Before hiring an attorney, make sure they only make money when you do. This incentivizes them to work quickly on your behalf.
- Confidential: Attorney-client privilege means everything you discuss with them is private.
- Support: This is a difficult time. You need people you can talk to and trust.
- Closure: An accident is traumatic enough. You just want to get back to your normal life. An attorney can help make that happen.